dupavisitometer

steve jobs speech @ stanford university (video & full script links)

'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says. (This is a prepared text of the Commencement address delivered by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, on June 12, 2005.)


If i never... (1) - dropped out from college.

f I had never dropped out, I would have never dropped in on this calligraphy class, and personal computers might not have the wonderful typography that they do. Of course it was impossible to connect the dots looking forward when I was in college. But it was very, very clear looking backwards ten years later.

if i never... (2) - kicked out from Apple at age of 30.

I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

if i never...(3) - known i had a pancreas cancer.

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

stay hungry. stay foolish.
(steve jobs, 1955-2011)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very attention-grabbing, You are an overly professional blogger.

I have joined your feed and look ahead to seeking more of your excellent post.

Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks

Feel free to surf to my homepage best atlanta seo company

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...